Sutter County is a county in the U.S. state of California. As of the 2010 census, the population was 94,737. The county seat is Yuba City. Sutter County is included in the Yuba City, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area as well as the Sacramento-Roseville, CA Combined Statistical Area. The county is located along the Sacramento River in the Sacramento Valley.
Regulations for Cannabis Related Commercial Activity
County Board of Supervisors
On March 22, 2016, the Sutter County Board of Supervisors adopted urgency Ordinance No. 1618 regulating the cultivation of marijuana in Sutter County. This ordinance is located in Chapter 410 of the County’s Ordinance Code. This ordinance regulates the indoor and outdoor cultivation of marijuana and requires everyone in the unincorporated County to annually register a cultivation prior to growing marijuana.
A few of the key requirements of this ordinance are:
- The outdoor cultivation of marijuana is not permitted
- Cultivation of marijuana within 1000 feet of a school, school evacuation site, church, park, county-licensed child care center, or a youth-oriented facility is not permitted
- Cultivation of marijuana inside residences and on vacant lots (i.e. premises without a permitted residential use) is not permitted
- The indoor cultivation of marijuana is limited to no more than eighty (80) square feet
- The structure must be detached and meet all building code requirements unless it is a pre-fabricated greenhouse which is no larger than 80 square feet and meets the requirements of the ordinance
- Prior to cultivation, an annual registration must be obtained from the Development Services Department and the site must be inspected for compliance with the ordinance.
Please contact your local officials and let them know you oppose the MANUFACTURING BAN.
This information will be updated as progress continues.
Please CALL US if you would like further information or updates on pending legislation .
Project #05-015 Ord. # 1410 January 3, 2006 Prohibition of medical marijuana dispensaries
1500-8033 Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
- No zoning designation within Sutter County allows for the establishment or operation of such a facility.
1500-9868D “Medical Marijuana Dispensary”
Any facility or location where medical marijuana is made available to and/or distributed by or to three or more of the following: a primary caregiver, a qualified patient, or a person with an identification card, in strict accordance with California Health and Safety Code Section 11362.5 et seq.
- A “medical marijuana dispensary” shall not include the following uses, as long as the location of such uses are otherwise regulated by this Code or applicable law: a clinic licensed pursuant to Chapter 1 of Division 2 of the Health and Safety Code, a health care facility licensed pursuant to Chapter 2 of Division 2 of the Health and Safety Code, a residential care facility for persons with chronic life-threatening illness licensed pursuant to Chapter 3.01 of Division 2 of the Health and Safety Code, a residential care facility for the elderly licensed pursuant to Chapter 3.2 of Division 2 of the Health and Safety Code, a residential hospice, or a home health agency licensed pursuant to Chapter 8 of Division 2 of the Health and Safety Code, as long as any such use complies strictly with applicable law including, but not limited to, Health and Safety Code Section 11362.5 et seq.
CannaBusiness Law has established prominence as a cutting edge leader and pioneer in providing the highest quality legal expertise in the Cannabis industry.
Contact CannaBusiness Law today to provide expert assistance in compliance With Cannabis Licensing, Permitting and the Application process relating to Commercial Cannabis in California.