Amador County, officially the County of Amador, is a county located in the U.S. state of California, in the Sierra Nevada. As of the 2010 census, the population was 38,091. The county seat is Jackson. Amador County bills itself as “The Heart of the Mother Lode” and lies within the Gold Country. There is a substantial viticultural industry in the county.
Regulations for Cannabis Related Commercial Activity
County Board of Supervisors
Amador Municipal Code 19.86.050 Marijuana cultivation and related activities prohibited
- A. The cultivation, manufacture, and distribution of marijuana is prohibited in all unincorporated areas of the county, including, but not limited to, the following:
- 1. Indoor and outdoor cultivation of marijuana.
- 2. Marijuana distribution as defined by Section 19300.5 (p) of California Business and Professions Code as it now reads or as amended.
- 3. Marijuana manufacturing as defined by Section 19300.5(y) of California Business and Professions Code as it now reads or as amended.
- 4. Marijuana nurseries as defined by Section 19300.5(ah) of California Business and Professions Code as it now reads or as amended.
- 5. Marijuana testing laboratories as defined by Section 19300.5(z) of California Business and Professions Code as it now reads or as amended.
- B. This section shall not apply to cultivation of medical marijuana by a qualified patient cultivating medical marijuana only for his or her own personal medical use and who does not sell, distribute, donate, or provide marijuana to any other person or entity, or by a primary caregiver cultivating medical marijuana only for the personal medical use of specified qualified patients for whom he or she is the primary caregiver within the meaning of Health and Safety Code Section 11362.7; provided, that cultivation of medical marijuana is in compliance with all the following conditions:
- 1. Cultivation is limited to an area measuring a maximum of one hundred square feet on any parcel, and in no event shall the total number of mature or immature plants on any parcel exceed twelve regardless of the number of qualified patients or caregivers. The area used to cultivate medical marijuana shall be measured from the outer edge of the marijuana plant canopy and includes the aggregate area, including the space between plants, whether indoor or outdoor.
- 8. Cultivation may occur only on a parcel with a permitted dwelling unit that is permanently occupied by the qualified patient or the primary caregiver.
Please contact your local officials and let them know you oppose the MANUFACTURING BAN.
This information will be updated as progress continues.
Please CALL US if you would like further information or updates on pending legislation .
19.84.030 Medical marijuana dispensaries prohibited
It shall be unlawful for any person or entity to locate or operate a medical marijuana dispensary in any zoning district in the unincorporated area of Amador County. (Ord. 1755 (1/26/16) §1 (part), 2016).
CannaBusiness Law has established prominence as a cutting edge leader and pioneer in providing the highest quality legal expertise in the Cannabis industry.
Contact CannaBusiness Law today to provide expert assistance in compliance With Cannabis Licensing, Permitting and the Application process relating to Commercial Cannabis in California.